There’s no need to be Picasso, Rubens, Van Gogh or Kahlo to attend a social painting class with Paint & Chill because your creativity will blossom as you relax, let loose and express yourself with colours, canvas and a glass of wine or beer. You’ll also be up for a great night out with friends when you take advantage of the Double Promo offer and when all is said and done, you’ll be walking away with your very own painting inspired by one of the greats. It’s time to paint and sip!
For those that are a little unsure of their ability, a friendly artist-in-residence will be on hand to assist and offer sip-by-stroke guidance to help you create your own masterpiece. From brush to colour and composition, you’ll even get to add your own special flair to the painting you’re being inspired by.
Paint & Chill’s Social Painting Classes also take the stress out of planning a good time. And with a number of sessions to choose from at Vie Lounge & Eatery at the Auckland City Hotel, you’re good to go every Friday and Saturday night. There are also special Thursday night sessions as well as Sunday sessions in the schedule at venues like The Beekeeper’s Wife and Nomad Restaurant.
Just choose the night with the painting you want to recreate—from Aurora Australis to Van Gogh’s Starry Night—and voilà, you’re on your way to creating your own work of art just as if you were following along with Bob Ross.
The 90-minute experience comes complete with everything you need to paint your work of art. You’ll be given paint, paintbrushes and a canvas so that you get to take home your creation. And, you’ll also get 10% off art and art supplies from Urban Art Gallery so you can gather all you need to paint at home as well.
Take a look below to see what you could be painting and when.
Paint & Chill’s Painting Schedule
- Thursday 30 June: Monet Water Lily (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Saturday 2 July: Wild Flowers (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Friday 8 July: Golden Sunset (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Saturday 9 July: Aurora Australis (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Thursday 14 July: Paris (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Friday 15 July: Bob Ross Golden Forest (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Saturday 16 July: Water Lily & Koi (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Sunday 17 July: Aurora Australis (The Beekeeper’s Wife Bar & Eatery)
- Thursday 21 July: Bob Ross Snowy Mountain (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Friday 22 July: Monet Water Lily (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Saturday 23 July: Van Gogh Starry Night (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
- Friday 29 July: Van Gogh Sunflower (Vie Lounge & Eatery)
Don’t worry if you miss out on snaring tickets for the painting you’d love to hang up in your home because more dates will be added soon enough.
All participants will receive a complimentary glass of house wine, beer or non-alcoholic beverage when they take part in their paint and sip painting session. And if you’re feeling peckish, you also get 10% off food at the venue (at Vie Lounge & Eatery only).
Get arty with Paint & Chill’s social painting classes.