Comedy fans will be pleased to know that one of the best comedians and TV Hosts of our generation will return to New Zealand for a Terribly Funny World Tour in 2023.
Jimmy Carr is a brilliant award-winning British comedian and presenter known for hosting 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Particularly, his controversial one-liners have brought him recognition globally despite the fact they are both welcomed and criticized by the population.
Carr brings his comedy show to 12 locations in New Zealand in January 2023 before making his way to Australia. These locations include Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. Carr’s last stint in New Zealand was back in 2018.
The New Zealand Terribly Funny Tour dates are as followed:
- January 11, 12 – Plymouth – TSB Arena
- January 12 – Whanganui – Opera House
- January 13, 14 – Palmerston North – Regent On Broadway
- January 14, 15 – Wellington – Michael Fowler Centre
- January 16 – Nelson – Trafalgar Square
- January 17 – Christchurch – Horncastle Arena
- January 18 – Dunedin – Town Hall
- January 19 – Invercargill – Civic Theatre
- January 21, 22, 23 – Auckland – Kiri Te Kanawa Theatre
- January 25 – Hawkes Bay – Opera House
- January 26 – Tauranga – Trustpower Arena Baypark
- January 27 – Hamilton – Claudelands
Interestingly, the phenomenon has amassed more than half a million Instagram followers and 2.5 million Facebook fans for his adult jokes about all kinds of terrible things. Indeed, these jokes are often inappropriate and awkward. Certainly, expect a series of new material like this on the tour.
However, Carr warns that these shows are only for those who can take a joke without being offended. It is predicted the tour will sell-out across the nation. Plus, tickets are on sale now. Prices start at $89.90. Get tickets via the Jimmy Carr website.